Are you looking to study abroad? Are you looking for the one of the safest and most beautiful country in the world, with quality education and wide job opportunities, then in a recent time New Zealand has become the most favorite destination for international students, specially from India. Here are 6 reasons why New Zealand is one of the top favorite destination for international students.
1. internationally well recognized universities
New Zealand universities offer high quality education system. The education system is so high in quality that all the 8 universities in New Zealand is among top 3% universities worldwide. Here is the list of 8 internationally renowned university in New Zealand that have secure their place in QS ranking 2018.
- University of Auckland
- University of Otago
- University of Canterbury
- Victoria University of Wellington
- University of Waikato
- Massey University
- Lincoln University
- Auckland University of Technology
2. Affordable tuition fees & living expense
Along with quality education, low tuition fees and low cost of living, these are the main two criteria’s for mostly Indian students while choosing their destination for study abroad. well, for all those students New Zealand is a perfect destination. Because the fees in New Zealand at universities is as below.
- undergraduate programs – $17000 -$25000
- post graduate programs- $25000- $40000
- Approximate Cost of Living: NZ $ 12,000 – NZ $ 15,000 per annum
Also, another advantage for students seeking admission in New Zealand universities is that they can pay their tuition fees after they successfully get their student visa. Unlike other countries such as Canada, Australia and U.K where the students have to pay their college fees in advance to apply for their student visa.
3. Low Academic requirements
Universities of New Zealand have minimal entry requirements for many programs. There is not high competition for admission in a university whether it is bachelor’s degree, master’s degree or postgraduate diploma courses in New Zealand. Students with lower marks (50%) and moderate grades can study there easily. Also, there is no age bar to study in New Zealand. IELTS 6 bands and PTE 55 is a required score to secure admission.
4. Easy visa application
Unlike many other countries, New Zealand has very friendly immigration laws for students.
Student visa requirements include:
- An offer from an educational institution approved by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority.
- A written guarantee from an institution or person that suitable accommodation is available to you in New Zealand (for under 18 years).
- Evidence of sufficient funds to live on while you are studying and a return air ticket to your home country or evidence of sufficient funds to buy one.
- Students have to appear for a credibility interview by visa ambassy in order to secure their student visa.
5. High Scholarships for international students
It is quite difficult to get a scholarship for an international student, especially when the competition is quite tough. However, here are the below mentioned scholarships that you can get if you are eligible and you can support your education financially.
Top University Scholarships in New Zealand for Indian Students
- University of Otago International Research Postgraduate (Masters) Scholarships
- UC international First-Year Scholarships
- University of Waikato International Scholarships
- University of Waikato Excellence Scholarship for Asia
6. Work permit (During and after study)
New Zealand offer work permit for international students during and after completing their study. During study they can work 20 hours per week and in vacation time students can work full time (40) hours per week. After completing study in New Zealand, one will get 1,2 or 3 years of work permit depending on course and the place that student has studied.
All these reasons makes New Zealand a Hot favorite destination for International students to pursue their education and getting settle.