The Duolingo English Test is a modern language proficiency tool that is designed for today’s international students and institutions. It offers an English proficiency score, along with video interview, and writing sample in an accessible, efficient, and secure testing experience.
Duolingo test has 8 different types of questions that asses your listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking abilities of English language. Following are the different 8 types of questions
- Gap fill Reading passage
- Select Right English word (Reading)
- Select right word (Listening)
- Write from dictation
- Read aloud
- Speak a word for image
- Describe the image (Writing)
- Writing and speaking interview
- Duolingo Exam is scored on artificial intelligence system.
- You will be scored out of 160.
- The minimum score required for admission is 105.
Advantages of Duolingo exam:
- You can appear this exam from home, no need to visit any exam centre
- Exam can be attended at any time
- The cost of the exam is significantly low ($49)
- The test structure is quite simple and easy to understand
- The result is very fast (48-72 hours)
- Online result, that you can directly send to your preferred university